Phone: +1 787-998-2494
E-mail: ThePalaceHostel.pr (at) gmail.com (You can also use the contact form below)
We answer email frequently throughout the day as best as we can. The best time to reach us via phone is through the hours of 7AM – 4PM (7:00 – 16:00) Eastern Time.
With 4 dormitory-style rooms, we are able to accommodate for groups. Please contact us using the form or by email to inquire about group rates and availability.
We accept applications for work-exchange positions on a rolling basis although we are not always hiring. If you are in Puerto Rico, or will be in the near future and looking for a position, then feel free to send us your resume or CV. We receive a lot of inquiries about positions, so unfortunately we cannot meet everyone’s needs, but positions do open up from time to time.
Basic Position Duties:
- Light to medium cleaning duties required daily for each shift. This may include washing dishes or washing clothes.
- Answering and assisting guests with their travel needs and accommodation requirements.
- Answering phone calls, emails, and checking new arrivals into our new system. You’ll need to give people a tour and teach them about our hostel.
What we like:
- We like well-traveled work-exchanges who are open-minded, professional, and enjoy people. We need adaptable workers who can work with a vareity of customers from around the world.
- Language abilities are very helpful as we have many guests who speak only one language. Spanish is the official language of Puerto Rico and we speak it everyday here.
- Previous experience. Previous hostel experience is preferred but not necessarily mandatory.
- Our work-exchange positions are for accommodation only. Basically, you work several shifts a week and you get to sleep in a bed for free.
What to expect:
- If selected you’d work with our dynamic staff to provide the best customer service possible. We want our workers to enjoy themselves. After all, we are in Puerto Rico. As long as you show up for work and take care of business, you can do as you please in your free time.
- Our work-exchange positions share living quarters which are typically dormitory-style of 4-6 beds.
Why Work with us?
- We offer a fun, professional, and open-minded environment. Our philosophy is to be the best in the area and serve our guests to the fullest of our potential.
- We are centrally located. We are 15-20 minutes from Condado Beach and Central Park. There are multiple local restaurants and stores within our neighborhood and Walmart is just 5-10 minutes away. We are 5 minutes from the bus stop that takes people to Old San Juan. What more could you ask for?